Follow the steps below to prepare for your virtual classes.
As a student of Anderson College, you can now use Microsoft Teams and Office 365 for free on any 5 of your devices. You need to download Microsoft Teams on your tablet, phone and laptop / desktop to join your Virtual Classroom.
How to login and download Microsoft Teams on PC/Laptop
- Click here to log in to Office 365
- Enter your Student Email ID (provided in the email) and click Next.
3. After clicking Next, enter your password and click Sign in.
4. After you signed in, you are now required to provide more information to keep your account secure. Click Next. Note: Steps 5 – 11 are to required only for the initial set up
5. First, set up your identification phone. Click Set it up now.
6. Select Canada by clicking on the arrow and enter your cell number. Choose text me or call me to receive a verification code.
7. Enter verification code and press Verify.
8. A green check mark will appear next to authentication form. Repeat the same process for the authentication email. Click Set it up now.
9. Enter your personal email address (not —@andersoncollege.com email), click email me. Check you email for your verification code.
10. Enter verification code and click Verify.
11. After clicking Verify, you will be back on the authentication page. Both phone and email should have a green check mark. Click finish.
12. After clicking finish, you will be asked if you want to stay signed in. If you do, you will not need to go through the login process every time you need to access your account. Click on yes or no.
13. Once signed in, you will see all the apps. Click Teams to access your virtual classroom. You may also chose any other applications free of cost.
14. Click the computer icon on the left bottom corner to download Microsoft Teams on your desktop. Follow the download process on your computer.
How to login and download Microsoft Teams on your smart phone
15. Click here to log in to Office 365 . You will get the error message below and a button to download the app. Click Download the app button.
16. You will be redirected to Google play or the app store to download the app. Click Install button. Once the app is downloaded, click Open.
17. When clicking Open, you will launch the app and you will be asked to login. Enter your Student Email ID (provided in the email). Then click Sign in
18. Then enter your password and click Sign in. Please note that if this is your first time logging in, you may be required to prove an authentication phone and email. Please follow the steps 5-11 above.
19. Once you are signed in, you will be directed to the main page below. Scroll on the right to see Teams and click on it.
20. Once on Teams, you will have an access to your virtual classroom.