Everything has changed – our priorities, our routines, and the way we live. While COVID-19 has separated us physically, we are more determined to stay connected with you. Whether you are combatting COVID-19 at the front line or from home.
Raymond B. is part of our staff at the North York campus. Here is his story:
What are your tips for online teaching and/or working from home?
- Plan well for the next day.
- Be as creative and fun as you can during the lecture.
- Look your best -dress fun, but still in a professional way.
- The show must go on, even though classes are virtual.
Share a fun moment that happened while you have been teaching and/or working from home
I was pairing my Air pods with my device. I joined my class with my PowerPoint on the screen, but there was no sound. I checked the settings of my Air pods, yet there was still no sound! I reset my settings for the third time and went back to my class with the PowerPoint presentation, thinking they had been discussing the presentation during this time, but then I heard a voice of the Instructor saying, “Welcome back class, I hope you had a good break!”
Share a kind message you would like to pass on to our students
- Your patience, understanding, and determination motivates me to do this class every day.
- Thanks for your trust in me.
- I will be with you until this is over
- We will do this together!!!
Share a message you would like to pass on to our frontline workers
When we think of the year 2020, we will remember your contribution!
Your dedication, commitment, and courage deserve our deepest gratitude and admiration. We pray for your safety every day and we thank you for being there for us. My son, Gabriel, is a frontline worker. We are truly proud of you!
Join our fight against COVID-19 and share your story here.