Our staff are Certified English Instructors with industry-specific expertise. They bring their passion to the classroom, every day, and excel at leading and mentoring students as they master the skills they need to succeed.
We know you have what it takes to embrace the English language, improving your skills and your life. These are the mentors to empower your success!
“I am a language aficionado who is in constant search for challenges that will draw strengths that I am not aware of. As a second language learner and an immigrant myself, I am fully aware of the hardships of crossing languages and cultures. For me, language is more than a means of communication, it’s your freedom to express yourself globally. I am really enthusiastic about helping international students and newcomers to Canada in their settlement process. If I am not talking or teaching English, you will probably find me writing poetry and reading self-help books."
• Certified with British Council and IDP Education to teach International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
• Teaching Phonetics from London College of Teachers and Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) from Brock University, Canada.
• IELTS content designer for The Queens English.
• Currently working as an IELTS Mastertainer (I think you mean Master Trainer?) for RM Quest, Trivandrum (Online).
• Teaches General and Specialized English as a Second Language (ESL) courses, including Business English, International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and The Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) Preparation courses.
• Holds a Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) Canada Professional Certificate.
• TESL Part II Certificate from Queen’s University.
• Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Diploma from Bridge TEFL USA.
• TESL Training Certificate from the York Catholic District School Board.
• Master of Arts degree (MA) in International Economics.
Administrative Assistant, ESL
“It is a pleasure for me to serve our ESL students and staff. Improving a student’s experience and helping people achieve their goals is part of my passion.”
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy
• Administrative Assistant, 2021.
• Business Human Resources diploma, 2021.
• Bachelor of Industrial Psychology, 2013.
Admissions Advisor, ESL
"Having been an ESL teacher for many years makes my role as Admissions Advisor more meaningful to me at Anderson. It is quite a privilege to be a part of the individual journey to success of each and every one of our students. "
• Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in English.
• Master of Education degree (MEd) in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL).
• Certified English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher.
• TESL teacher with 30 years of teaching experience in Asia, the Middle East, and North America.
• Children's book writer and book editor.
“It is my privilege, as an English Language instructor, to aid students in finding their voice and developing the skills they need to take on the challenges of living and learning in an English environment. Every student is a unique creation with different ideas, experiences, and opportunities. It is a wonderful thing to be able to help each of them flourish and discover their real potential.”
• Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in English.
• Master of Education degree (MEd) specializing in Open, Digital, and Distance.
• English as a Second Language (ESL) program Instructor.
• Wonderlic Test Preparation.
• Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) certification from the University of Acadia.
“ESL takes dedication. Being part of the Anderson College ESL program means dedicating yourself every day to learning and practicing. Like anything in life, the most important thing is that consistent commitment.”
• Teaching English as a Second Language certificate (TESL), Seneca College, 2009.
• English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor, Public and Private Colleges, 2007.
• Bachelor of Arts degree (BA), York University, 2006.
“Being an admissions advisor, I get to meet hundreds of people. It is rewarding as all of them come with a dream and it is my job to help them open the door for that dream and to encourage and guide them achieve it!"
• Master of Arts degree (MA) in English.
• Master of Education degree (MEd) from the University of Ottawa.
• 8+ years of Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL).
• 5+ years of experience in Admissions.
“I have spent many years learning Spanish and French, so I have lots of experience as a language learner as well. My advice to learn English is to practice conversation whenever you can! Talking with a native speaker is difficult at first but gets easier with practice.”
• Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Public Affairs and Policy Management.
• Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) certification and is a member of Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) Canada.
• Worked in translation, product design, and now English as a Second Language (ESL) education and is experienced teaching ESL to children and adults in Mexico, China, and Canada.
“I have experience in developing and creating diverse teaching materials for various age groups of students and facilitating the language acquisition process. My knowledge of both the academic environment and the communicative approach contributes to the creating of a learning atmosphere that is appreciated by the students.”
• English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor, Public and Private Colleges, including Ontario Institute of Technology, 2014.
• Teaching English as a Second Language certificate (TESL), Humber College, 2010.
• Bachelor of Arts degree (BA) & Master of Arts degree (MA) Spanish & English Language Education, Kyiv National University, 1990-1998.
• Taught ESL in China.